Donnerstag, 23. April 2020

Fr Eli Bilibid storys

Gerne möchte ich euch wieder mal die Facebook Seite empfehlen mit den berührenden Geschichten voon Fr. Eli:
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/bilibidstories

April 23, 2020
Bilibid Stories: During these times of difficulty, there are people who ask where is God in all these? Why has He allowed this virus to wreak havoc in our lives? Is God alive? These are but among the many similar questions that are raised.
I have not asked these questions and I believe many of the inmates inside Bilibid, too. For the reality is, all they, all we really need to do is ask and wait. God will answer our prayers in His time.
Today, I got a request for 250 face masks for the inmates. I answered that we don’t have any but will try to find some. In my years here in PJPS and even before I was assigned here, God has consistently and constantly provided for the needs of His children. I have on numerous occasions been amazed and have shed tears because God actually provides. He in fact does not just provide for the needs of the inmates. He provides more than what is asked.
After I got the request, I spent some moments in prayer and just said, “Lord, ikaw na bahala.” In my heart, I felt for the inmates. I somehow felt their fear and anxiety. But I don’t know how, but I also felt God will not forsake them. I believed and from experience God will again surprise me.
And He did!
I remembered a friend who had sent me a private message several days ago. He had asked me if we needed face masks here in Bilibid and, if yes, he asked for an estimate. My reply was that we needed face masks but in terms of the estimate, I replied that I could not really give one as there are thousands of inmates here.
I had forgotten all about the exchange of messages till today.
So, I searched his name. I asked if he had any face masks, and if he had around 250 to spare.
His reply was that it was his plan to deliver 1,000 face masks this Saturday.
I can only let out a huge sigh of relief and praise and thank God again! And again, shed tears of joy and gratitude really. God so loves His children in prison.
I have often said to the inmates during Masses or when talking with them that the times they are hungry, afraid, or sad are in reality occasions of grace. These are the times when God will fill their hunger, given them comfort and strength, and give them reason to smile. He will wipe away their tears. This is one concrete situation.
I am consoled really. I can only praise and thank God again, and again, and again..#BilibidStories #God'sProvidence

April 20, 2020:

Bilibid stories by: Fr.
Eli Lumbo Sj
Bilibid Stories: A couple of days ago I received a message asking if it is true that many of the inmates sleep on the card board boxes. I replied that this is... I replied that this is true and in fact there are many who do not have card board boxes to sleep on. There are many who sleep on the floor. In my years here, many have approached me to ask if they can have the card board boxes we have brought in, after these are emptied of contents. When asked what for, the reply would be, for sleeping. These would serve as sleeping mats.
I was asked how many were needed. Although there so many needed, I just made a small estimate. I said 500. I was thinking that because of the many and variety of needs around us because of the Covid 19, maybe we would be given many mattresses but maybe, certainly not the 500.
The next day came. I got a message that 500 mattresses would be delivered. I was floored. I was amazed that I really could not contain my tears and joy. I could only praise and thank God repeatedly. I recalled that I was already happy when a few days ago we received a donation of folding beds. I had hoped for a handful of beds, at most 10, but what was delivered was almost triple. Now in a matter of days, 500! Until now, writing this, I could not contain my joy and amazement at how God moves.
Yesterday, I just stood outside the office with no purpose really. Outside the office, was a van with the label, "Uratex." I could sense my heart beat. I was excited that maybe this was the delivery already. The van was just there, waiting. Here I was, standing, looking at the van. Eventually, after a minute or so, I decided to approached the van. I asked the driver if they were looking for someone. He, then, mentioned, my name as they were to deliver the mats whch were bought by certain friends,generous donors.. Imagine my joy! My soul was praising and thanking God!
This morning, we brought the mattresses to the different camps. Like me, the BuCor people and the inmates were truly happy and amazed at the donation. A number were teary eyed. Together with mattresses we brought gallons of alcohol, packs of biscuit and bottled water. God does love the prisoners. God knows their hardship. God knows their pain. They are still His children after all.
Included in the message I received inquiring about the inmates sleeping on card board boxes, is the statement: “I can’t rest thinking this may be true.” In this Easter season, I feel that God’s message is “I cannot rest knowing that my children are in need.” Truly, Jesus is risen! Alleluia!!! #BilibidStories #God'sProvidence